So I went to Guitar Center on cobb pkwy the other day.....

tone_aot

Owner of ToneJonez.com
I gotta be honest. The only board that is really appealing to me is the Korg M3! I think I'm a little bias to korg products tho, lol! I just have always loved the triton line and thought they had the best keyboard sequencers. The fantom g8 and motif have some awesome sounds too! For the fantom g8, I just felt like they put tooo much on the board. If someone is looking for a standalone type deal, it may be for them. The motif is hot, but I don't like the sequencer. I'm really diggin the M3 Expanded edition and how they switched it up. I want one, but until then I'm gonna look for the M3 reason refill! Still rockin the Triton Extreme happily! Never tried the Korg Oasis, but heard it was hot.

Whats up tone!!
I just went to guitar center myself just the other day ;) I personally love the fantom's and motif's myself.. the korg is alright. We just did a major upgrade to apogee converters, added a new great river nv-1 preamp on there, grabbed a neumann tlm 49. So we're pushing industry standard everywhere now hehe. That great river, if anyone knows, is comparable to the Neve pre's.

I love the Triton series myself and have a studio. I like the sounds of the motif... very realistic and clean. I really don't like the fantom series sounds... very synthetic and generic... nothing new. I ended up with a motif rack es and I am actually using more reason sounds mixed with motif/triton. I've been using a demo of native instruments kontakt and am loving it as well. Kind of a mixed bag for me with the synths. I like the M3 sounds.. i would never go out and buy another keyboard... no room in my place for it.. but the module does look good...

I love the Triton series myself and have a studio. I like the sounds of the motif... very realistic and clean. I really don't like the fantom series sounds... very synthetic and generic... nothing new. I ended up with a motif rack es and I am actually using more reason sounds mixed with motif/triton. I've been using a demo of native instruments kontakt and am loving it as well. Kind of a mixed bag for me with the synths. I like the M3 sounds.. i would never go out and buy another keyboard... no room in my place for it.. but the module does look good...

The motif sounds are def nice!! I always liked motif and triton sounds. I like the triton sequencer more than anything tho. But, Reason has me hooked. I make my own refills and stuff so my sound library is crazy!

Back