So, I signed with a Booking Agent.

Change of POETS

Yeah, so I had a show in Detroit a few weeks ago. Tough crowd, all black... everybody looking at me like I was green or something. Like I was an alien. Two other white dudes got up and did their thing before my set... they couldn't have paid people to get on the floor. Nobody was feeling em...

I tried to support, but it wasnt working. You could tell they hadn't performed much.

So I start my set, and literally forced people on the dance floor. I told em if they didn't hit the floor, I was hitting the door. So they came out... I did my thing, and after my first two joints... the rest of the stragglers started filtering to the floor/stage area. I rocked 5 or 6 more joints, and wrapped it up.

Got off the stage, got daps and luv from the folk, and headed to the merch table. Peddled some merch, and a woman approached me... Handed me her business card, and told me she was impressed with how well I handled the crowd and all. Said she could tell I was a veteran performer.

So, we talked some business. Had a couple phone conferences and... I signed the paperwork on Friday. I now am signed to Seven Faith Music for bookings and radio promotions. It's a Christian Faith based business, but she doesn't just book for Christian events or whatever... She does nationwide tours etc. She's working with a couple well known and signed artists.

This wasn't the first promoter who's approached me. I've had discussions with at least 3 others in the last year or so. But this woman knows her business, and she's good at it. She also takes a far less percentage than the others I talked to. About 40% less... :eek:

So yeah... if any of you would like to have me in your town. Contact my booking agent. ginger@sevenfaith.com

Next step, is getting this new project picked up by an indie label... :D

Change of POETS said:
Yeah, so I had a show in Detroit a few weeks ago. Tough crowd, all black... everybody looking at me like I was green or something. Like I was an alien. Two other white dudes got up and did their thing before my set... they couldn't have paid people to get on the floor. Nobody was feeling em...

I tried to support, but it wasnt working. You could tell they hadn't performed much.

So I start my set, and literally forced people on the dance floor. I told em if they didn't hit the floor, I was hitting the door. So they came out... I did my thing, and after my first two joints... the rest of the stragglers started filtering to the floor/stage area. I rocked 5 or 6 more joints, and wrapped it up.

Got off the stage, got daps and luv from the folk, and headed to the merch table. Peddled some merch, and a woman approached me... Handed me her business card, and told me she was impressed with how well I handled the crowd and all. Said she could tell I was a veteran performer.

So, we talked some business. Had a couple phone conferences and... I signed the paperwork on Friday. I now am signed to Seven Faith Music for bookings and radio promotions. It's a Christian Faith based business, but she doesn't just book for Christian events or whatever... She does nationwide tours etc. She's working with a couple well known and signed artists.

This wasn't the first promoter who's approached me. I've had discussions with at least 3 others in the last year or so. But this woman knows her business, and she's good at it. She also takes a far less percentage than the others I talked to. About 40% less... :eek:

So yeah... if any of you would like to have me in your town. Contact my booking agent. ginger@sevenfaith.com

That grinding is starting to pay off! You seem like a hard worker who has a great deal of pride, and business savy to boot!!!! I happy for you 'bro, keep banging and keep us posted on all of your developments........If you need a RnB Hook for any of your cuts, keep me in mind.......I got you! lol
Just don't ask me to cuss or talk about sex, my daughter will kill me! :D

Glad to hear the Good news though!!!!!!

congrads, u need more shows...know get picked up by a indie with major label backing (a regular indie label is too small for you :D) on your own your way...let me shoot my man in ga and see if u knows whoes lookin to sign new talent

I know this is off topic but I feel uncomfortable with my rep power being so close to BKs.....I dont deserve to be near that guy

Thanks ya'll...

Knotty, I dunno if I need more shows. I did 57 last year. I'm already close to 20 this year, and it's barely even April. It's just... this whole music thing is getting too big for me to do on my own, and still enjoy it. When it starts to feel like work, it's not worth doing anymore... I never got into this for the money. So for someone to take over this aspect of my business for a small fee... I'm more than happy to let them do it. Know what I mean?

One thing it will mean though. Is more shows with bigger artists. This agency has connects, major ones... So I'll be getting my time on stage with some well known artists and that means exposure to larger crowds, and potential fans. That's what's good.

Yeah, I Know what you mean...and yeah it will be nice to see you on stage with the majors..hell you might outshine some of them...

Change of POETS said:

Like we discussed, bro - come to PA and do some shows around Lancaster, Philly, York... even Baltimore is only about an hour away... and I'll open every show for you. I'll be contacting her very soon.

But congrats on finally signing. I was praying for you.

Noddy301 said:
I know this is off topic but I feel uncomfortable with my rep power being so close to BKs.....I dont deserve to be near that guy

:D dont worry about ..I reall don't pay much attention to it..do your thing..they love your music... :cool: :D

BillyBo said:
Like we discussed, bro - come to PA and do some shows around Lancaster, Philly, York... even Baltimore is only about an hour away... and I'll open every show for you. I'll be contacting her very soon.

But congrats on finally signing. I was praying for you.
I'm actually going to pitch a similar idea to her for a small tour with me and Fresh Digress in the Baltimore area, since they're from there. They should be able to draw decent crowds, and I'll be able to pull some of their fanbase. I'll keep you posted.

Trumpspade said:
Let me know when, I'm always in someone's area....(I travel alot!!!!) :D :D
I'll be in Beantown tomorrow and Thursday man, but I'm on business, not pleasure. Next time I'm in the bean, we should hook up for dinner or something?

I don't think I said anything yet, but I wish you good luck with this. It's time to get away from the bubble gum and let some new classics out of the studios.

Go head Change.

Change of POETS said:
I'll be in Beantown tomorrow and Thursday man, but I'm on business, not pleasure. Next time I'm in the bean, we should hook up for dinner or something?

Just let me know!

Back