its ok
and yes it is :]

what part of ohio?

ok tis is bad
but al i know how to do is play
i dontknow many of the other htings lol

so whats a set up? :]

so whats a set up? :]

A tech/friend tweaks your guitar to make it play and feel right again. Totally worth it. When I only owned a couple guitars, I would take it to have it done, but if you own a bunch and have been playing for awhile you learn how to do it on your own (and then your friends make you do it... but that's another story). But yeah, take it to the music store and ask them if you can watch and slip the guy an extra $5 to explain what he's doing. It's important to 1. keep your tech happy and 2. understand your instrument.

Action

I just had this issue. Could be your action is too low. I basically just raised my bridge a little bit. Your pick up(s) could be too high or out of whack or something...........I second the motion, you could take it to a tech and let him know and he'll hook you up (for a small charge of course). I should probably take my own advice!

good luck

New strings always sound a little ''tinny" to me at first. It wears off after you play a while and the strings 'settle'. Some people actually like the new-string-sound, I prefer how they are after a couple hours of playing.

Been a while since you've put on fresh strings, I'll bet. The wound strings always sound very bright and vibrant compared to old ones. Personally that's my preferred sound and when the wound string start to go off, that's when I change them.

Back