So I got this...

Guitargodgt

Komplete : Bundles : Komplete 9 Ultimate | Products

And this is me right now.

d6a1143f571184db25f94613edd43b40af6d3a629221aba00d9efdcfef5efd84.jpg

Looking at the package, I'd like about 25% of it, the rest would not be useful to me - I wonder what made you buy something you don't know about?

Make sure you don't drop, jar, or handle roughly, that drive, because it will stop working. The best thing to do is install it onto a drive that you will use, and then also make a copy of it onto another drive as a back up. There is a lot of useful stuff on there as well as a lot of stuff you won't use. Just depends on what kind of stuff you do. Also plan on spending a significant amount of time installing the new updates that have came out since it was manufactured.

I gotta say... that is cool they load it up on a dedicated drive like that. I guess there's no other real way to transfer the content, but it's nice to see a company do the right thing.

Native Instruments rocks, I bet there's a ton of great stuff in that package. Congratulations!

and

Read, read and read some more.

Let me make it clear I was a komplete 9 owner for 7 months before snagging this. So I'm not clueless in terms of use or installing. I'm clueless as what to do with it. :laughings:

I have sat myself down and learned how to do some simple programming in Reaktor and some simple sample assignments in Kontakt. Those are the 2 main programs. Beyond that, hell no I don't claim to know how to use all of this, that's nuts. I get the basic premise of most of it though. Massive is a pretty insane synth and I don't pretend to know even half of what I can do with it.

There is so much content. I can't see myself buying any other virtual instruments any time soon.

And yes I have 4 hard drives in my computer, 2 external and the one this came with. I need to upgrade one of my internals though because I want to run it off a second. Right now 2 of my internals are TB size, the tracking drive is 320gig (I dump older projects to DVDr) and my samples drive is currently 250gig. The samples drive is what I plan to upgrade soon because that is where I want to run stuff like this from.

Make sure you don't drop, jar, or handle roughly, that drive, because it will stop working. The best thing to do is install it onto a drive that you will use, and then also make a copy of it onto another drive as a back up. There is a lot of useful stuff on there as well as a lot of stuff you won't use. Just depends on what kind of stuff you do. Also plan on spending a significant amount of time installing the new updates that have came out since it was manufactured.

Oh yeah I plan to install and then place the drive in the safe.

And yeah I have an idea of how long this is going to take to install. I already had komplete 9 and that was at least 6-8 hours of installing from 13 dvds.

In terms of what I have used heavy in the past from Kompete 9:

1. Most of the stuff in Kontakt (the pianos/keys and session strings especially) with the exception of the drums. I prefer superior 2 for that.
2. Battery
3. Massive
4. Monoark
5. The solid bundle (SSL emulation stuff, it's pretty good)

I don't know what I'd do with that, honestly. For orchestral stuff, I have VSL Special Eds.; For everything from modern synth sounds to morphed traditional instruments, I have Omnisphere; for drums I have BFD 2 and Addictive Drums. Bass and guitars I play myself. I've looked at Komplete 9, and can't justify it, in terms of money, or HDD space.

HHD space is no issue at this point. I cleared off a TB and made that my sample drive so at the moment I have around 700gigs available for this when it shows up.

I paid $600 for komplete ultimate btw. Sales are my bitch.

Back