So I got an amazing deal on craigslist...

tbuck92

2 AKG C1000S's, 2 Studio Project C1's, an AKG D112, and a Shure SM58 all for $200. But thats not all. We ask him if he has anything else for sale and he takes out a MD421 II and we ask him how much and he says "i'll throw it in for free. We also got a box of cables and other stuff for $25. After I found a boss metal zone pedal in that box. So anyways, what are the best uses for the C1000S's and the SP C1's?

2 AKG C1000S's, 2 Studio Project C1's, an AKG D112, and a Shure SM58 all for $200. But thats not all. We ask him if he has anything else for sale and he takes out a MD421 II and we ask him how much and he says "i'll throw it in for free. We also got a box of cables and other stuff for $25. After I found a boss metal zone pedal in that box. So anyways, what are the best uses for the C1000S's and the SP C1's?

That is one SWEET deal! Fair play man.

The C1000s can be used in many applications as can the C1s.
c1ooo to record acoustic guitar and other acoustic sources as well as over heads on drums....they make a nice stereo pair for studio and remote stereo recordings.
The c1s, first of all just send them to me!:D... Well try them first on vocals to see how you like them there. Then experiment with them from there.

:-)cool:)

I have to agree and disagree with Moresound.
Agreement- that's a sweet deal indeed, and the Sennheiser is the piece de restance. The C-1's are a little bright to my taste, but are fair for acoustic, remote stereo recording, and as overheads. The D112 is a really good mic for standup bass, or the back of an open cab. Whether you like it on kick drum is a matter of taste. Many people like it for that, and some others don't.
Disagreement- I think the best uses for the C1000's is for paint stirrers, sex toys, or doorstops. There is one bright point though- Marik considers the C1000S an excellent platform for mic mods. I'd suggest having them modded, which appears to generate a significant bang-for-buck payoff.-Richie

I'd like to agree with Richard as to the sex toy usability of the C1000 but I wasn't sure how old you are or into experimentation with the microphonic side of sex :laughings::laughings::laughings:.
Yes all microphones have their down side for certain applications but can really shine as a doorstop until you modify them. But till then you may find a few uses for them in recording particular sources.

The C1000S is my live, vocal mic. If I had another, I'd use it for my instruments.
You got a great deal there.
By the way, don't connect the batteries in your AKGs if you're using phantom power but do keep one in there.

Back