So i got a midi controller; now what the hell do i do with it?

what do you do with it? .. you give it to me.

no but really . I think thats a usb midi device .. so you would plug that into your computer via usb and start up a midi sequencer and start rockin some jams. at least thats what i think you do.. maybe i shouldnt be offering my knowledge if im unsure of what im talking about. well .. good luck regardless

ljump12 said:
are there any basic tutorials on getting basic sounds and whatnot out it in Ableton or Pro-Tools,

Uh, yeah.

The manuals for both programs are chock full of info on getting basic, intermediate and advanced sounds.

But depending on how and where you acquired the software, you may not have the manuals handy.

If that's the case, go back to the pirate board where you downloaded them and post a 'need help' message in their 'midi mania' forum.

Otherwise, RTFM.

Personally, I would rig it so that when you played a Dm followed by Am it opens a secret passageway into an underground labratory... but maybe that's just me...
Oh but seriously... the most important thing to know about it is that it is only a controller - it will create no sounds on its own. You need to connect it to a synth/sampler (in your case, software based) that will accept MIDI and then use your Ozone to trigger the sounds. The knobs and faders etc are used to control various parameters that you define within the sampler/synth such as volume, filters, pitch, etc...

ljump12 said:
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MAudioOzone-main.html

I bought that;are there any basic tutorials on getting basic sounds and whatnot out it in Ableton or Pro-Tools, Im not really sure exactly what its used for i was jsut able to purchase it for $75 off of a guy that was strapped for cash. So help me out!
did you get the whole thing like the manual and the software bundle? If so then I'm sure there is a quick start section that can explain in detail on how to get it running. you got a good barging for that. I would resell it on Ebay. provided it has everything it came with and the bundled software was not registered. But still you can make a profit.

ljump12 said:
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MAudioOzone-main.html

I bought that;are there any basic tutorials on getting basic sounds and whatnot out it in Ableton or Pro-Tools, Im not really sure exactly what its used for i was jsut able to purchase it for $75 off of a guy that was strapped for cash. So help me out!

First, find and install the driver for it. Hook it up to your computer. Open your recording app and enable the driver. Create a midi track and add a soft synth, sampler, etc. to the track. Make a bunch of noise.

Alternately, you could smash it into little pieces with a hammer and make a mosaic out of it.

studiomaster said:
Why in earth would u buy something if u dont even know what it does???

People bought pet rocks in the 70s. At least this guy knew it was a good deal and could resell it if he wanted to.

Back