Smooth talker

That's a very good song and the mix of old and new tracks feels seamless. I felt an overall lack of high end in the frequency balance, and in particular I wanted more presence in the snare and sparkle in the cymbals, high-mids and highs respectively. Maybe aptly an exciter to the overall mix? The mix sounds balanced and I love the guitar tones, especially the texture of the rhythm, though a couple times they seemed to get a little lost in the piano, bass, keys bed. The vocal sound really strong and I particularly like the sound in the bridge. Good job, if you hadn't mentioned I would not have guessed the guitar and vocal were 10 years old.

That's a very good song and the mix of old and new tracks feels seamless. I felt an overall lack of high end in the frequency balance, and in particular I wanted more presence in the snare and sparkle in the cymbals, high-mids and highs respectively. Maybe aptly an exciter to the overall mix? The mix sounds balanced and I love the guitar tones, especially the texture of the rhythm, though a couple times they seemed to get a little lost in the piano, bass, keys bed. The vocal sound really strong and I particularly like the sound in the bridge. Good job, if you hadn't mentioned I would not have guessed the guitar and vocal were 10 years old.

Thank you rpm61. Appreciate you reply. I have to check out those high end freqs when I'm back in my studio. Now on a vacation in Canarias:)

Thanks again

Nice tune and well produced. Sounds like you nailed it, radio ready to me. I don''t think I would do a 6th mix, Good job!

Pretty tidy job.
The reverb or whatever you have on the vocal does seem to spread it wide and sounds like it breaks up alittle when you get loud. When it does get loud listening gets a little uncomfortable for me.

Good song. I am listening on a pair of AKG K240 headphones which are pretty decent. The only thing that bothers me is that in some of the louder parts the vocals lose their distinction and become hard to understand. Other than that a great mix.

Pretty tidy job.
The reverb or whatever you have on the vocal does seem to spread it wide and sounds like it breaks up alittle when you get loud. When it does get loud listening gets a little uncomfortable for me.

Thank you rayc. I believe you mean that delay on lead voc? If so, i've noticed it as well. So maybe I'll have to open that mix again...aargh :)

Good song. I am listening on a pair of AKG K240 headphones which are pretty decent. The only thing that bothers me is that in some of the louder parts the vocals lose their distinction and become hard to understand. Other than that a great mix.

Thanks David. I know what you mean. Vocals and most of the gtr's have been recorded more than 10 years ago so unfortunately there wasn't much I could do about those things:(

Not a fan of the vocals , seems a bit flat here and there, piano is a bit high in the mix for me, ......now on the other hand my Girlfriend and her friend, both said they would buy it , the G-friend also thought the vocals were a bit flat at points.

I don't like the brightness or the harshness of the vocals, that's the main thing that sticks out on my new neumann kh120 monitors, everything else though is really good, and I like the arrangement.

Thanks ric3xrt and Btyre. Yes, those vocal were problematic; I've recorded those a long time ago and they were very, very bright and some part of the harshness is due to the vocalist at that time (me:)) - so I couldn't get rid of all the brightness now even though I tried to....yes and vocals may be flat at some points although I checked them with Waves Tune and did some corrections...

Thanks again

Back