Smiechu - My Symphonic Progressive Rock/Metal Project

Smiechu

Hello every one!! I'm new here!!

I would like to present You some of my recordings/compositions from past couple of years...
In this project I try to blend 2 worlds - Heavy Rock/Metal sound and Huge Epic Symphonic sound, and sometimes some electronics... I know it's not new, lots f metal/rock bands tried this many times, but always it was a Rock/Metal song with some symphonics in the background. I try to blend both worlds. Even try to go in opposite, where Rock/Metal parts are only an addition to symphonic piece.

Here you have some of my tracks.
Hope you'll enjoy it, and I stay forward for your feedback!!

Are you looking for feedback on the mixes or on the project itself?
If the latter, this may be a better fit for the promo sub-forum.

Anyway, symphonic metal is a genre I'm pretty into, so I gave annihilation march a listen.
It's pretty cool. But something about the brass isn't sitting quite right with me. I guess the symphonic parts sound too professional, which betrays them as synths.
They could also do with some vocals. The arrangements are pretty repetitive for pure instrumental. I see you've also done some video game covers tho, which is a genre that sort of thrives on repetition and not drawing too much attention itself.

It's pretty cool. But something about the brass isn't sitting quite right with me. I guess the symphonic parts sound too professional, which betrays them as synths.

Thanks!! That's something new to hear... :) that synth sound to good... $$$ spent in a right way :)

They could also do with some vocals. The arrangements are pretty repetitive for pure instrumental. I see you've also done some video game covers tho, which is a genre that sort of thrives on repetition and not drawing too much attention itself.

Yeah! That is true, I like the illustrative/movie/game type of arrangements, generally this is the aim of my music... For instance, Annihilation March is used as a soundtrack to Redalert 2 Mod "Mental Omega 3.0".

But you are right, these tracks still need something more in the composition/arrangements to attract typical listeners.
In general all these tracks are just demo versions... when i collect enough of material for a whole album, I'll try to rearrange them, fix some composition flaws, add more melodic or maybe vocal parts and record live symphonic parts...

I really liked how Annihilation March started and a cool riff. Liked it alot! What are you using for the Orchestration? Sounds really good!

I listened to as much of the first one as necessary (I think). It was just kind of the same TSO-type/canned-sound stuff.

Back