Smallest guitar effects processor?

rxQueen

what is the smallest effects processor that has a headphone out for the guitar? I have a V-Amp 2 right now but it's too bulky to be carrying around places. I want something really really small that'll fit in small compartments of backpacks. thanks!!

about the korg pxr4.... there's a Zoom unit that's a hundred dollars cheaper and supposedly better... but the price is now a concern

I got my v-amp for $90 and free shipping. i don't want to spend any more on guitar gear this year, I've spent too much already :(

are there any cheaper alternatives?

Sorry, RX, the smaller things are, the more they cost. Just like laptops vs. desktops. And I have no evidence that the Zoom is a better unit than a Pandora. You can find PXR-4's on ebay in the $120 range.-Richie

I use my Boss ME-30. Battery powered and not really that big to carry around.

Hmm....I just looked at the V-Amp you were talking about. One of my friends has one of those, and it isn't really all that different in size from a ME-30. Oh well. I still like mine =)

Look for a Korg PX3 on ebay.
You should be able to pick one up for less than $100.
It is about the size of a pack of smokes. It sounds decent.
Put in your pocket put the headphones on and start jamming without the others in the house yelling at you.

yeah the rp50 is pretty sweet for the price. tone isnt as good as a good amp and some nice pedals, but why would it be? for the price, it has great tone and yes its pretty small.

apl said:
The Digitech RP50 has headphones out and a built in drum machine. Very handy for practice, $60.

the main reason i got a v-amp was to ditch my RP100. it sucked so bad, I thought the V-amp would be a little better, but guess what, the distortion sounds EXACTLY the same. now i'm gonna forget direct input, i'm gonna mic my amp and get a small unit for portable use.

apl said:
The RP50's presets were not very useful, and I spent alot of time getting better tones. A good chunk of my music was recorded with the RP50 straight into a US122 with a Carvin DC135.

I have the US122 too. I was using the V-Amp 2 for my guitar and bass but i realized how much my tone sucked. and that it sounded just like the RP100. imo the v-amp 2 is more of a clone of a digitech unit more than it is a clone of a pod 2.0

Back