Small noisy environment mic recommendations for voice matching needed

vmt

Hi all, new here, and I am looking for some mics. I really do not know much about microphones, so I am hoping someone here can help me and make some informed recommendations based on my needs.

I need to buy two microphones, preferable they will be exactly the same.

The usage of these mics is for voice recording, but it is not for professional use. Meaning that I do not need to record for publication or studio quality production. It is for personal use only. There will be two speakers, me and another person, and the purpose is that they need to match the sounds I make. I most likely will be using Goldwave as my software of choice for this. I will not be using a mixer or anything of the like. The mics need to be unidirectional as sometimes they will be used in very noisy environments and I am worried about how much that background noise will interfere with the recordings as I still need to differentiate the speaker clearly from the background noise. The background news will be many people talking.

1. Fairly inexpensive, something between about $50-$150 would be preferred.
2. Size should be small. Small meaning like the size of a four color ball point pen. Perhaps I can go as big as one of those 2AA minimag flashlights. I don't really really want anything bigger than that.
3. As these will be hooked up a Notebook computer, USB may work fine. As the notebook only has one headphone audio input I think USB would be a better solution as usually there will be more than one.
4. Unidirectional - works well in noisy environment
5. I am not interested in headphone type mics as most of them are cheap and I do not think of high quality, the mic should be independent. Though I might need two sets of headphones also as the voice needs to be played back to both me and the other person. Perhaps two sets of high quality headsets might actually be a very good solution, so maybe if someone has experience with this they can also comment.

I don't know if I am under budgeting my need, I surely hope not... Any suggestions and help would be very much appreciated.

Firstly thank you for your feedback, appreciate you taking the time to have a look.

I feel that the pencil mics are fantastic, but I am not really familiar with the condenser or any other type of mic for that matter. Why would a dynamic mic be better? It seems these are not.

It also appears that that input voice is at the side of the mic, is that right? And these look for instruments rather than voice. But I love the look and size.

Would these work in a noisy environment also even though they are not dynamic?

Of the two headsets the Audio-Technica PRO 8-HEX looks better. If it also had a noise canceling feature in the headphones that would be great.

I am really tossed up as to which type to use actually, so I appreciate you chiming in on both.

Goldwave told me I can open two sessions and it would not cause a problem, but I did not ask them about the matter you mentioned if I can only use one source, that is going to be an issue...

The reason I only want to use the notebook without other equipment is that it has to be mobile and light weight as I might be carrying this around everyday.

I am not very well versed in the differences between the dynamic and consenser mics and why one might need phantom power and other not, I don't really know what phantom power is either.

Back