SM57 price increase?

Sloan

Hey,

I noticed that within the past few months, the SM57 price at about every retailer has risen from $89.99 to $99.99. The first time I noticed this was when they were doing that "deal" that included a SHURE t-shirt, but now just the mic is still $99.99.

Does anyone know if they've changed anything?
I just picked one up and noticed that the coating on the mic body is dark grey instead of black like most I've used. hmmm....

My 57 is dark grey and is probably 8-10 years old. I've never seen a black one. Hmmm...

Anyway, yes, they have increased the price.

Dark (charcoal) grey is the color of all the ones I've purchased. I don't recall seeing a black one in the 15+ years I've been using them and buying them.

maybe i just thought they were black from using them in low light etc...

anyone have any info on a reason for the price change?

I'll bet you could still get em' for around 75-80 bucks. Seems like most places will sell well below the advertised price just to get the sale. When I bought my 57 (about 3 months ago) was going for about $95, and GC sold it to me for about $79. :rolleyes:

My 57 was bought in 1979 and is gray. It cost 79.99 then. 20 dollar price increase after all these years- wish I could say the same for everything else.

It seems GC is still selling them at the old price,at least as of last friday.They had both prices posted so I asked the guy,which is it $89 or $99,and he said "oh,no they're still $89.99".then he offered to sell me an Audix i5 for the same price so I wound up buying that instead since I have 4 57's already.I'm liking the i5 so far BTW,but I haven't had time to really compair it fairly to the 57 and 609 yet..(quad tracking and such).

weird - i've only ever seen black ones (except for the Beta 57A of course). But honestly, as macmoon said, a 20 buck increase in nearly 30 years isn't that bad.

Sloan said:
Hey, I noticed that within the past few months, the SM57 price at about every retailer has risen from $89.99 to $99.99. The first time I noticed this was when they were doing that "deal" that included a SHURE t-shirt, but now just the mic is still $99.99. Does anyone know if they've changed anything? I just picked one up and noticed that the coating on the mic body is dark grey instead of black like most I've used. hmmm....
Yeah!
I noticed that too! Perhaps labor rates are rising in China?
Last one I bought, (bout 3 years ago) they threw in an Atlas mic stand AND a very nice 25 ft. shure XLR cable!!!

flamin-gitaur said:
I'll bet you could still get em' for around 75-80 bucks. Seems like most places will sell well below the advertised price just to get the sale. When I bought my 57 (about 3 months ago) was going for about $95, and GC sold it to me for about $79. :rolleyes:

Exactly...never pay sticker price at GC...never.

Back