Slowly being driven insane by Studio One 3

chuckduffy

This is what I posted on presonus forum. Posting here to see if anyone else has similar experience. Starting to lose it and ready to go back to Cubase.
========================================================================

Background - I have been home recording since 87 and using DAWs since 94, and came from Cubase V5 to studio One Artist V3. Not a nube, not a dummy, not crazy...

Hopefully someone can help because I am slowly being driven mad. There have been several occasions where I have saved for the day, reloaded my session the next day and the level of individual instruments has completely changed, but the fader positions and values haven't been touched.

My system is a dual core i7, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10, Audient interface and Studio One Artist 3.

Details

Instance 1: Reloaded session to find vocal level buried. Had to increase gain by +6 dB from where I left off. . Thought I had just made a dumb mistake and forgot to save or something.

Instance 2: Reloaded session to find vocal level buried again. Again had to increase gain by +6 dB from where I left off. Start to get suspicious.

Instance 3: Reloaded session to find bass level buried. Had to increase gain by +4 dB from where I left off. Start to get really suspicious.

Instance 4: Started working with already loaded session 24 hours later to find bass level buried. Had to increase gain by +4 dB from where I left off. Start to get really really really suspicious.

Then it happened several more times. Also had several instances where the mix sounds like it is pumping up and down at 500ms intervals. Save all, reboot and it clears up.

Steps to Reproduce

None

Commonality

Vocal and Bass both using stock compressor

Expected result

Levels should not randomly change

Actual result

Levels of individual instruments and vocals seem to randomly change

Are you sure the compressor settings are getting saved and not defaulting when you reload? Have you tried taking the compressor off the tracks and see what happens?

Back