Sloped rack enclosure with universal shelf question

88fingers

Hey,
I'm looking to get a Raxxes UNS-1 Universal shelf (Raxxess UNS-1 Universal Shelf | Sweetwater.com) for 2 items I have: a Symetrix 302 & a Focusrite Scarlet 18i6. I know they will fit, I've already measured everything. The rack enclosure I'm looking to put them in is sloped downwards at about a 30 degree angle. I can't find any info on these various units (the shelf and the Symetrix & Focusrite) on whether or not there is a way to bolt the units to the shelf - is that possible? Otherwise, won't the items slide down and not sit still? Does anyone have a situation like this they could tell me more about?

I have some gear on a shelf in a sloping rack, what I did was bolt a thin strip on wood to the shelf at the back of the unit so that it sat in the right place on the shelf. Some gear has mounting holes int he base so you can bolt it to a shelf.

Alan.

I have some gear on a shelf in a sloping rack, what I did was bolt a thin strip on wood to the shelf at the back of the unit so that it sat in the right place on the shelf. Some gear has mounting holes int he base so you can bolt it to a shelf.

Alan.

Ah nice, I didn't even think about that - I have some plastic bumper feet that will probably do the trick really well in the back, and won't block to much heat escaping.

Thanks!

All those slots on the bottom of the shelf are for matching the screw locations on the bottom of your devices to attach them to the rack, and one of he reviews from the link you provided stated that double sided tape was shipped with the rack for fastening in that manner

Back