slight recording latency with HD192

bdemenil

When recording in cubase with the motu HD192, I'm getting about 1.5ms of latency which isn't being compensated. IE if I route an output straight into an input and record, the newly recorded track is about 1.5ms delayed from the original. Why would this happen? Why isn't cubase fully compensating for the latency? Is there a way I can manually adjust this?

Cubase can only compensate for a latency in which it is aware of. There is a good chance that your latency is happening after it leaves Cubase and before it returns to Cubase. If this is the case, than it is not a problem from within Cubase. It seems more likely to me that this is a MOTU problem.

I think you're right. Motu's drivers should report latency to Cubase - so that Cubase can compensate. Since I'm using 1024 sample buffers, the actual latency generated by the soundcard is more than 1.5ms. I think at 96K it would be about 10.5ms. Since I'm only experiencing 1.5ms, most of the latency is being compensated for by cubase. The only thing I can think is that maybe only driver latency, and not hardware latency is being reported. Seems like the drivers should be able to report to DAW software the total latency though.

I feel like there must be some way of configuring Cubase to deal with this though. It would be nice if I could just connect outputs to inputs and get cubase to ping and correct latency - just like it does for external fx plugins.

you have to wait and they will authorize you (took one day for me). Works great though. all you have do is to connect an output to an input

Back