Slight delay on recording... Help please.

cumberledge1

OK here is my situation. I am verrry new to recording (couple of days), and I am trying to read everything I can to learn about home recording, but I have alot of questions, and not very many answers, so maybe someone out there can help me out.

I have an Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0. I am using Ableton Live Lite, right now, as my software.

Here is my problem. I recorded a guitar track, with no problems, then I went to record an additional track with the first one, and it seems to be that all the notes of the second track are just a fraction of a second delayed from where they should be. I am listening to the tracks through headphones connected to the mixer. What could the problem be here?

Thanks to any and all help.

OK here is my situation. I am verrry new to recording (couple of days), and I am trying to read everything I can to learn about home recording, but I have alot of questions, and not very many answers, so maybe someone out there can help me out.

I have an Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0. I am using Ableton Live Lite, right now, as my software.

Here is my problem. I recorded a guitar track, with no problems, then I went to record an additional track with the first one, and it seems to be that all the notes of the second track are just a fraction of a second delayed from where they should be. I am listening to the tracks through headphones connected to the mixer. What could the problem be here?

Thanks to any and all help.
Rough problem to have, latency can really kill a performance. How's the RAM on your computer?

Back