Sliding all info

Tileeba

Hello!

I use Sonar 3.

What I need to do is insert an audio in a certain track, but I want all the audio in all the tracks (not only the track where I am adding the audio) to slide over to make room for the new audio. What I call that is a "ripple effect", but I can't find that option in Sonar.

Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you so much!

You need to do it in 2 stages. First, slide everything over; then, insert the new audio into the space.

To slide everything over, use the Insert | Time/Measures menu option. Make sure all the "Slide" boxes are checked (so everything will move,) and specify how much time you want to insert. (If you're working with a project at a specific tempo, it's easiest to pre-cut the audio you're inserting to a specific number of measures, and insert just that many measures.)

To insert the new audio, position the marker at the point where the insert should occur, and choose File | import | audio

Thank you so much for your answer DM1!

One more related question: Let's say I wanted to record a new section and have *everything* move over, how would I do that? Would I have to record the new section in a seperate place and then insert it as you instructed above, or would there be another way of doing it?

Tileeba said:
Thank you so much for your answer DM1!

One more related question: Let's say I wanted to record a new section and have *everything* move over, how would I do that? Would I have to record the new section in a seperate place and then insert it as you instructed above, or would there be another way of doing it?

You can do as you describe, or you can slide everything first and then record on one or more of your existing tracks, in the "empty space."

Thank you, AGCurry!

It's funny that Sonar doesn't have a "ripple effect" like Vegas and other programs - don't you think? :confused:

Anyway, that will work. Thanks again!

Back