Slicing Loop in Cyclone

rjt

I did a search on this forum, looked in the help files and re-perused the "Using Cyclone DXi" from Cakewalk, but still have this question.

When I load an Acidized loop into Cyclone it is already divided. However, when I load a regular wav file.... for example a percussion loop of roughly 4 measures.... Cyclone treats it as one big beat. It doesn't seem to matter where or how I tell it to divide. My question (s):

1) Is there a way to tell Cyclone to divide a wav file based on beats or transient detection?

2) Is there a way for me to do this manually?

(So I don't feel like a total idiot.... if this is possible.... where in the help files does it tell us how to do this?)

Thanks in advance

Take Care

Moskus, Thanks guy.... that was one of the elements I looked at when trying to solve this problem. Apparently there are two answers.......

1) The easiest, right click on the loop, go to the groove tab and click enable looping. Then when you open it in Cyclone, it is sliced.... not the intelligent slicing based on transients you get in other programs.... but it is sliced.

2) Open it in Acid or SF and Acidize the loop then resave it.

Adding a few features, such as transient detection and ability to move the slices (in Sonar) would make this pretty interesting.... now I am not sure how I would use Cyclone.

Loops, ah, the age old question..... I do like percussion loops and used this strange mbira loop in one of my songs. Most other things I do write from scratch.... but I have tried composing with loops and it isn't that easy. (but it was kinda fun)

Take Care

rjt said:
Adding a few features, such as transient detection and ability to move the slices (in Sonar) would make this pretty interesting.... now I am not sure how I would use Cyclone.
There is. Open the file in the Loop View. ;)

Hmmmmm, will have to experiment a bit. Moved the loop points around.... but it didn't seem to show up that way in Cyclone. Thanks for the tip

Hey for somebody who doesn't like loops... how do you know so much? (I've always used Acid for this myself and wonder if I could stop and just use Sonar).

Take Care

rjt said:
Hmmmmm, will have to experiment a bit. Moved the loop points around.... but it didn't seem to show up that way in Cyclone. Thanks for the tip
I don't know, but maybe you need to export the loops as Acidized loops from Sonar, and then import them into Cyclone.

Hey for somebody who doesn't like loops... how do you know so much?
I really don't know. I read the manual. And I read the cakewalk website. And I fool around alot! :D

I do that too, but I only remember the stuff I use on a regular basis.... like midi editing and adding audio effects. How the heck did you ever learn that track about opening files when effects are missing and you have to hold shift down.... geeez. You got me beat and I thought I knew a fair amount about Sonar.

Take Care

rjt said:
I do that too, but I only remember the stuff I use on a regular basis....
My brain is disturbed. I only remeber useless information. :D

But it's not a joke. :rolleyes:

I don't know.... people say the same about me... like the first president of the US was James Hansen (well, he was the first person with that title), the battle of Waterloo was 6/18/1815 etc. But when people ask, I tell them I don't know any trivial knowledge.... it's all important. Anyway, thanks for your help... I was rereading the section on Cyclone in the manual an found a line that basically said Cyclone does not dissect wav files.... only acidized loops. So will continue to pursue editing them in loop edit and see if that will works. I can always do my old... open in Acid!

Take care

Back