Sleepy

I would say that the percussion is confusing me and the .....u....song is boring.....and .....

uh....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......huh?

I've definitely had this feeling before, good job there.

Emeric,

Thanks for bumping this back up, I thought it was doomed for sure.

Yeah, I have to kind of blame the drum solo partly on your last tune, hey we all inspire each other, if your too tired to chew, pass it on hehehe.

I actually tried to make this as inane as possible, kind of just guitars supporting drums, instead of the other way around.

Inanaty aside, this to my ears is one of my better recordings, going back to my truck monitor thread.

I didn't even use any compression. As you can tell by the giant peaks. I'm not a big fan of compression yet, maybe latter.

I must be getting thicker skin, this post sinking like a stone didn't bother me (GT said, sobbing like a little girl).

Would love to hear more comments on recording quallity.

GT

Maybe you could exploit the major third in that 7#9 or something to add a little excitement??? Or change color?

Joe

I thought the quality of recording was good. The guitar gets a little odd distortion from time to time that sounds like it might be a recording distortion but generally sounds quite nice.
And the percussion stuff sounds real good to my ears ( I'm not always so sure about some of the rhythmic choices :D ) but the recording is nice. Are those real or samples.....I'm guessing real.
Interesting for sure..........:cool:

cominginsecond said:
It's recorded halfway decently, but I don't like it. That's just a subjective pronouncement, though.

What's to like, one chord all the way through.

Unamaginative, simplistic lead, and really no structure.

I do think the recording is decent though, and that's enough, sometimes.

Sound checks, are important.

Even with a lame song, you can get some idea of the tone of what you playback.

GT

Back