slave won't record

Bobby Darko

Hey guys,
I thought I was there. My two Tascam 688's sync up nicely with the midiizer(although it's a bummer I have to stripe them seperately), they lock up, play, rew, ffw etc. The master recorder records, but the slave won't. When I press rec/play on the midiizer it just stops after a second. This is one big problem, cuz I have a job this weekend.

Problem numero dos:
The musicians and me need to monitor the tracks from both recorders at once. I used monitor out to dual in, monitor ou to aux in and every other combination I could come up with. The cable is fine, but there's a lot of humming happeing on the monitor mix. It pretty damn hard! Maybe I should get the behringer mon800?? I guess that would be fine for monitoring, but for mixing down?

Hope you guys have any clues or tips! Much appreciated. Hermann (fna Bobby)

Last edited:
I don't know why it won't record on the slave Hermann and I can't help you there but in regards the MON800, I have one to sum the two outputs from my sync'd BR1600's down to the CR500 master cd recorder and to drive the monitor amplifier and it works just fine in that regard. It's probably your cheapest flexible ok option.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

:)

Thanks a lot jed! I will contact him right away. I didn't know of any other person who is syncing 2 688's, so it's very cool to see it's actually working. Merry Christmas!

Back