Sl3 Vs. Sx3

bair_ohio

Just curious what the big difference is here. I bought SL3 because it was cheaper than SX. Note, I only use this to track live instruments, no midi. Am I missing out on something in SX? Can I upgrade to SX for a fee vs.paying for the full version. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, you can upgrade but I think it ends up being about the same as far as price goes. It might be a little more to upgrade to SX rather than if you bought it to begin with. I am another SL3 user, and I bought it because the only main difference that I saw through my 'research' was that SX has the power to mix things into 5.1 surround coding and SL doesn't. There's probably a bit more, but seeing as how I have never touched SX, I couldn't tell ya.

Some of the things I miss as a SL user at home and SX/Nuendo user in the studio is, the ability to reverse polarity on tracks via the mixer, the latency compensation, and the ability to route external effects. I don't do any suround stuff.

SL is working well for me though.

The latency compensation should still be there in SL. The phase button however is not. Also, SX allows you more inserts per channel, external effects sends, and in place plugin processing, as well as more "freeze" functions.

xstatic said:
The latency compensation should still be there in SL. The phase button however is not. Also, SX allows you more inserts per channel, external effects sends, and in place plugin processing, as well as more "freeze" functions.

hmmm, I don't think it is. If I run Drumagog w/ latency compensation it is behind. Also I think I read in the manual it is not in SL.

Back