SL 2.0 crashes on launch

altcountry

Anybody have a clue what's up with this thing. I just installed Cubase SL2.0 (on G4, panther 10.3.2). Installation was 'successful' according to the dialog box. The owner's manual states this-
"The first time the copy protection device is plugged in, it will be registered as a new hardware device, and a dialog box will appear asking you whether you would like to find drivers for the device manually or automatically."
That dialog box never showed up for me (I did install dongle key after restart). Do I need to find the drivers manually? If so, how? (I'm new to Mac)
My first attempt to launch resulted in a crash, every time after that I just got hung up in start-up window while 'Initializing:Protection'. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/ cures, etc.

It sounds like your computer is having a problem identifying and communicating with your dongle. Unless someone else has a fix for you that I havn't heard of I would head to the steinberg support sites and poke around there to see what people say. You might need to get a new dongle from steiny. :(

I tried to warn you about Steinberg and Macs!

A visit to cubase.net and you would have known that SX2 and Panther is a no go.

Steinberg promised an update will arrive at the end of the month.
But I don't beleive them, because they promised the update four months ago.

If they don't deliver, again. There will be a mass exodus of Mac users.

If you really want to use SX I suggest getting a PC.

Personally I would get my money back, and purchase a REAL mac app like Logic or DP.

I know Gdub, I'm extremeley hard headed sometimes. I've also gotten several positive comments (on different message boards) on Cubase running on different OS X's, so I figured is was at least a 50/50 shot at working out for me.

I also solved my crashing problem. I watched the start-up splash screen and noticed that it would crash while loading certain elements of the program. I would then sesrch my hard drive for that 'element' and delete it. Next time I launched, it would crash while loading a different element, so same thing-search and delete.
Apparently I had some VSTs left over from some demo software that was conflicting with the VSTs trying to be loaded by Cubase. I must say everything is working like a champ now!

Back