Skies are Falling Down

zero00

Hi to all again, i just mixed this song called The Skies are Falling Down, it's a sad song, because talks about a person who get very bad news... anyway, i hope you like it and, as always about the mix or the song, every add is very very welcome...

Is the Vox too loud on the verse?

Link

Regards

it's a sad song, because talks about a person who get very bad news...

sounds like you are talking about me. lol

the mix sounds pretty good, maybe some parts sounded very compressed but maybe not too bad.. the vocals didn't sound too loud but maybe they could use some low mid cuts in the verses.. I'm not sure..

There's a lot of essing on the vocal - it may be a result of final mix reverb or compression but you need to tame it a little.
The vocal level is fine though it does sound a little over compressed.
The solo moves in & out well.
The bass could use just a llittle more definition & is also disguising the bass drum somewhat. You could cut a little on the bass (6dB) at 100 & give it a 5 dB boost at 200 & 3khz to clear a little bottom end & drop ina few toppy sound stage clues.
Oh, good song!

I noticed overall it was loud. It took a minute for the vox to grow on me, in some parts I heard Davy Jones. Cool.

There's a lot of essing on the vocal - it may be a result of final mix reverb or compression but you need to tame it a little.
The vocal level is fine though it does sound a little over compressed.
The solo moves in & out well.
The bass could use just a llittle more definition & is also disguising the bass drum somewhat. You could cut a little on the bass (6dB) at 100 & give it a 5 dB boost at 200 & 3khz to clear a little bottom end & drop ina few toppy sound stage clues.
Oh, good song!

Hi rayc, thanks for listening, i just uploaded a new version with less essing, i also check the compression on the vocals, i used a lower attack for this one and also a lower ratio (2,5:1).
For the Bass i did what you said, i think it sounds better.

I noticed overall it was loud. It took a minute for the vox to grow on me, in some parts I heard Davy Jones. Cool.

Hi dodgeaspen, loud? well, when i make the master i always try to get the levels of another band like a reference point, and i always use loud bands like Paramore, Hey Monday, Avril Lavigne, etc, because i love their sound. Davy Jones? hahaha, actually i thought that you where talking about the Pirate from the movie, then it came to me the singer hahaha :D... thanks for hearing.

Nice crisp recording...mix sounded good to me..I thought maybe the drums were a little sparce at the beginning...maybe its a reverb thing...love the chorus (very catchy regardless of the subject material) and when it all comes in..good song..unusual vocals..take a wee bit to get used to but then go well with the tune :)

Back