Ska/Punk Song

Sounds pretty good mixwise, the song is horrible thou. it sounds like 2 random songs pasted together. The guy from CF is a good vocalist so his parts are cool, I always liked his singing. but the other dude sounds like he should be in a tree hugging forest running Norwegian black metal band.

I don't really like the reverb on drums especially in the intro.

Mix sounds pretty good. I hate that death-metal singer, but whatever. Everything sounds about right? Please tell me those are real drums.

that song is killer. Citizen fish is one of my favourite bands. What is this from? Who is the other vocalist? It sounds great to my ears!

Sounds pretty good mixwise, the song is horrible thou. it sounds like 2 random songs pasted together. The guy from CF is a good vocalist so his parts are cool, I always liked his singing. but the other dude sounds like he should be in a tree hugging forest running Norwegian black metal band.

I don't really like the reverb on drums especially in the intro.

Ahh the scrutiny!:D
Thanks for the listen.

that song is killer. Citizen fish is one of my favourite bands. What is this from? Who is the other vocalist? It sounds great to my ears!

Nice.
Yeah the band is called Embrace the Kill.
The singer of embrace manages tour things for CF, and had Dick in on the track. It was cool to work with him.

I second that emotion

I agree with Polska. The mix is OK, but the song is, indeed, absolutely horrible. I'm being very blunt but here: I could not understand one word of the lyrics. I heard a fellow with an English accent railing on, and then someone screaming at the top of his lungs!

Maybe I'm out of touch because of my age? Who knows? I don't see the point of spending one's valuable time writing and recording a song, which, granted, must have taken quite some time because of the technical merits, only to result in the audience having no possible idea of what is being expressed by the musicians. Are they angry at the world for some reason? Do they protest something which they do not wish to name? What's going on here?

Am I missing what you intended to accomplish? If so, please enlighten me with a specific explanation.

I agree with Polska. The mix is OK, but the song is, indeed, absolutely horrible. I'm being very blunt but here: I could not understand one word of the lyrics. I heard a fellow with an English accent railing on, and then someone screaming at the top of his lungs!

Maybe I'm out of touch because of my age? Who knows? I don't see the point of spending one's valuable time writing and recording a song, which, granted, must have taken quite some time because of the technical merits, only to result in the audience having no possible idea of what is being expressed by the musicians. Are they angry at the world for some reason? Do they protest something which they do not wish to name? What's going on here?

Am I missing what you intended to accomplish? If so, please enlighten me with a specific explanation.

What i intended to accomplish was a track and mix situation, lol.

wow...

Very cool, Finster. Great sound on the calypso-ish clean gtr, and nice balance overall.

Perhaps it's the working class accent that's giving Archiegood the vocal intelligibility issue. Maybe try Melodyne's Upper Class Brit plugin on the vocal.:D

Tim

Last edited:
Mix Situation?

All I can say is, you have a mixed-up mix situation!

Please understand, as far as your MIX, its; really pretty good. It's just that the subject of the mix unintelligible.

sounds good, but in the beginning, the reverb on the drums really piles up on the hi end and creates a lot of noise. i think its just too much reverb, or maybe if you could just roll off some of the highs on the reverb so they don't build up so much.

sounds good, but in the beginning, the reverb on the drums really piles up on the hi end and creates a lot of noise. i think its just too much reverb, or maybe if you could just roll off some of the highs on the reverb so they don't build up so much.

I agree 100%. i like the bright verb in the latter parts of the song ill just automate a little low pass for the intro.
TY.

-Chris

yeah good idear. the verb sounds really cool when the song's going, but in the beginning it's just too "out there" because of all the tom hits that pile up.

Grindcore/ska mashup maybe?
The ska bit's pretty bloody good - the lyrics have the right mix of indignation and observation - a bit like several Sydney bands of the 2nd ska revival era (late 80's). All that's missing is a bit of farfisa.
The DM bit is just that a DM bit - not as in Deep & Meaningful either - I have no knowledge of DM styles & convention so I can't offer much there.

Ska/Punk isnt something i normally work with, so this was a cool learning exp. The hook on this song owns IMO.
The English dude on there is Dick Lucas of the Subhumans/Citizen Fish.
Enjoy.

-Chris

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=9974

Cracking mix Finster.
When the heavy guitars come in seems a tad (I mean a tad) much in the low mids. What is that clicking noise I can hear hard panned (and centered) in the verses? The clickin is annoying. :)

Great stuff,
Eck

Back