Sinister Ride - Original

Bass is fat, drums have a *lot* of room on them. Vocals are quite far in the bottom of the mix. I really like the song, and the arrangment is great.. Toms sound more present than the snare. Guitars are all but buried.

Honestly, I think the song is awesome, but the mix has a lot of work, before it does the song justice, in my opinion. Keep at it.

Bass is fat, drums have a *lot* of room on them. Vocals are quite far in the bottom of the mix. I really like the song, and the arrangment is great.. Toms sound more present than the snare. Guitars are all but buried.

Honestly, I think the song is awesome, but the mix has a lot of work, before it does the song justice, in my opinion. Keep at it.

pretty much matched my mix notes! thanks for the feedback

Aside from the toms comment, everything you described sounded like a compliment. :confused:

I liked the song. I'm not in a good environment to critique the mix, though.

Concur that the drums are a bit odd, and that the toms are very forward in the mix. I found myself wishing that they had been played with a little more energy because they don't really drive the song right now. Guitars sounds great, and I thought the vocals were about right. Good song and great arrangement.

Concur that the drums are a bit odd, and that the toms are very forward in the mix. I found myself wishing that they had been played with a little more energy because they don't really drive the song right now. Guitars sounds great, and I thought the vocals were about right. Good song and great arrangement.

Thanks for the input! i actually think this is a great drum performance! and im not saying that because im biased, im not the drummer :P ... but i guess thats just a difference of opinion.

Sounds good. As mentioned the drums are bit dry and forward in the mix. As the saying goes, they don't sound as if they're in the same space. It's a good performance, but almost sounds as if the drummer was trying to hold back from overpowering the rest of the mix. Or, more technique at the expense of putting some ass into the performance.

Holy shit. I really like this tune. I don't care about the mix, which isn't perfect but sounds good to me, except for a few nits already mentioned. Killer vocal part. The kind of song I always try to write when I'm trying to do some rock. :cool:

I really like the guitar parts in this tune. Good perfomance all around.

Snare sounds a little dry. toms sound good, but too far forward?? Wouldn't mind the vox up a bit.

Ah, just read the other comments. I'll be quiet now.... :o

Good song!!

Wailing song, loved it. Only came to comment because I agree with jm67 about the drums. They're not bad by any stretch, but the energy is all that's lacking.

I would agree with the other RE: the drums but I have to say that is great track. Nice tight performance and excellent delivery of each instruments. Love the guitars. A bit heavy for my personal taste in music but I know what I like and that gets a big :thumbs up: from me :D

I agree with just about all the comments + & - thus far.
You've recorded a cracking rock tune.

Wow, great track! Did anybody else immediately think vintage Black Sabbath? :) I think it's the guitar sound.

Anyway, I would add a long reverb to the snare and toms, nothing obvious, and with a healthy predelay.

Something like this:
Black Sabbath - A National Acrobat - YouTube

if you can ignore all the artifacting from shitty data compression... that drum sound is what immediately came to mind.
Later Ozzy-era Sabbath, songs like Sabbra Cadabra, Looking for Today etc.

I loved the bass. I thought the singer was real good. I liked the drums.

I thought the vocals were too far back in the mix and too wet.

There were quite a few guitar parts. A couple of them were a little muffled - missing a little high end.

I loved the bass. I thought the singer was real good. I liked the drums.

I thought the vocals were too far back in the mix and too wet.

There were quite a few guitar parts. A couple of them were a little muffled - missing a little high end.

Thanks for the feedback Trip, i'll listen for the high end of the guitars like you were talking about

I think the mix is kind of a mess. The important parts about the drums are rough and buried. The kick and snare are very "plain" sounding and don't have any energy to them. The kick is just kind of blah and the snare has no punch or crack. The toms are fine, but they stick out as being wrong with the rest of the kit so subdued. The guitars are okay to me but they're too dominant in the mix. The bass seems okay, maybe a bit too up front. The vocals are too wet and too buried. The mix overall doesn't rock me out of my chair. I'm left thinking that it just sounds like a garage band doing a home recording.

Back