Single overhead mic.

That was my kit, btw, at Pachyderm Studio, where Nirvana recorded In Utero. It was a blast! That room that I was in is called the granite room, with rock tile all the way around (and to think Dave Grohl was rocking out in there)!

Schloo said:
That was my kit, btw, at Pachyderm Studio, where Nirvana recorded In Utero. It was a blast! That room that I was in is called the granite room, with rock tile all the way around (and to think Dave Grohl was rocking out in there)!

Who owned the studio at the time?

Pachyderm was owned and started by the second lead singer from the band Kansas, John Elefante (get it Elefante (Elephant), pachyderm) and his brother Dino. Now they have the largest studio in the South East called the Sound Kitchen outside of Nashville.

Tim

I believe his name is Jim Brown. I could be wrong. That was a few years ago and may have gone through his hands. Last I heard, the place was not doing well financially, and I could tell last time we recorded there.

Who owned the studio at the time?

Pachyderm was owned and started by the second lead singer from the band Kansas, John Elefante (get it Elefante (Elephant), pachyderm) and his brother Dino. Now they have the largest studio in the South East called the Sound Kitchen outside of Nashville.

Tim

Oops, different studio. You were referring to Pakaderm Studios in California. The Pachyderm we were at is in Cannon Falls, MN.

http://www.pachydermstudio.com/

Back