Singing with a female version of yourself

Dave46239

I'm a man, and I have a few songs that could also use a woman singer (in addition to me). I know there are plugins that can change your voice to the opposite sex, but I don't know if it's going to sound good to have both singers be me: my voice will still have the same timbre and frequency response, right? I want it to sound like 2 different people. Has anyone done this?

Thanks,

David

There is no plug that will make your voice sound like a female voice, unless your range and timbre is very close to that of a female voice.
If you have a guys voice... the plugs can maybe work for little bits of background vocals that would be masked a lot by the music...otherwise, it just never sounds real enough, especially for any lead or dual vocals that will stand out, IMO.

Thanks, that's very helpful. I actually do have a very high tenor (almost a countertenor): I typically sing alto in church if there isn't a tenor part, rather than try for baritone. I might give it a try on one of the songs where I'm really just looking for "ambience" vocals that are deep in the mix.

Thanks again,

David

Thanks, that's very helpful. I actually do have a very high tenor (almost a countertenor): I typically sing alto in church if there isn't a tenor part, rather than try for baritone. I might give it a try on one of the songs where I'm really just looking for "ambience" vocals that are deep in the mix.

Thanks again,

David

Hi Dave, Dave here! Have you asked on the web if there are any ladies that could help you (careful how you phrase things!) ?

There was a gal from Italy on here a few weeks ago. Real belter!

Dave.

Back