Sine Wave Files

Guys,

> How would someone go about creating the sine waves in that file from scratch? <

It's not difficult. I made all of those one-second files in Sound Forge in one afternoon, then imported them one after the other into Sonar.

--Ethan

Ethan,

Thanks a lot for the tip! I had no idea you could do that in Sound Forge.
Just like you have on your website, I should create one sine wave from 40Hz to 300Hz, right?

Thanks,
Justin

I've done all of them from 40Hz to 300Hz, one second each.
I'll zip 'em up, and you can import them into a DAW of your choice.

-Justin

Thanks for sharing those wavs Drummer and thanks to Ethan for sharing your technique. Now I know for sure, my room sounds like shyt.

No problem hookie.
I just recieved my ECM8000, so I'll use it tomorrow to measure the response in my listening position. I have a feeling it ain't gonna' be pretty!

Michael,

> Why only one second long? <

All you really need is about 1/4 second, just enough for the static wave patterns in the room to stabilize. But if they're shorter than one second it's difficult to read the playback levels on your DAW's meters.

--Ethan

Ethan Winer said:
Michael,

> Why only one second long? <

All you really need is about 1/4 second, just enough for the static wave patterns in the room to stabilize. But if they're shorter than one second it's difficult to read the playback levels on your DAW's meters.

--Ethan
OK. Thanks Ethan, I understand.

Now I have my sine waves, I've imported them into my DAW.
Now what?

Ditto what Michael said.

I downloaded also.

I am extremely curious......and anxious.

Thanks Ethan and Drummer!!!!

Set up an omni-directional mic at the mix position, have the sine waves play through ur monitors and record them back into the DAW through the mic. Click the link in the very 1st post. There's a video on it.

No problem guys.
If someone wants to put them up on their webserver, feel free. I don't want my hosting provider to get smashed because of the size of the file, so I'm not going to keep it up for much longer.

Back