Simplest/Easiest DAW

sonnylarsen

OK, over the years I have tried and used many different DAW apps. At this point I'm kind of wondering what everyone thinks is the easiest or simplest of the bunch. I personally feel that Garageband is the easiest I've used, unfortunately my old iBook G4 can't do much with it. Also the fact that it's limited to Macs hampers it a bit for many possible users.

What do you think?

I use Reaper and I feel that is quite simple to get started with. The screen is much less cluttered than any other DAW I've seen.

tracktion....its the other option to reaper as far as i can gather... the whole point of this software is that its easy and very straightforward with a learning curve so shallow that you could be up and running in a very short while.

I started out with and 5 years later, still use Garage Band. The U/I is so freaking simple, I love it. And it's not even like it's totally limited, I can get some pretty sweet sounding recordings using the built in plug-ins. It's also nice to run it with Reason using Re-Wire to get some better sounding synths and drums on your tracks if you're doing HipHop or electronic music with live recordings. I've also tried Logic, Cubase and Live but Garage Band is my comfort zone. Get a mac and get on it.

I love Garageband already actually. I just need a new mac as my iBook G4 doesn't cope well with the newest versions. I definitely need a macbook pro.

I use Mackie Traction and it is So user friendly and easy to use...I didn"t even need to look at the help file or manual to get started ...Very easy to use and a great programto boot.....

:D

Back