Simple Video/Audio Capture Question

DaveLeeNC

My requirements are simple here. I would like to be able to capture the video from my USB attached (WIndows 10 Desktop computer) Webcam and the audio from a Focusrite 2i2 interface into a single file of some format that would have lossless audio (WAV, FLAC, etc). And I want to be able to do this from a single Start/Stop interface (into a single file) rather than capture the audio in Reaper/whatever and the video using some other video capture thing and then merging two files. Every video capture path that I try (I admit - not that many) stores audio in some lossy format.

What do I need here? Thanks.

dave

OBS.

Will OBS store audio in a lossless format. I have not seen a setting or whatever that will do that, but I am hardly an expert here. Thanks.

dave

Will OBS store audio in a lossless format. I have not seen a setting or whatever that will do that, but I am hardly an expert here. Thanks.

dave
I think that I found the answer to my own question.

File -> Settings -> Output (not Audio) -> Recording ->< Audio Encoder gives you a FLAC (and many more) option. And per the MediaInfo app that is what I got in the captured file.

dave

Back