Simple Sound Card PLEASE!

Coyne81

I hope you guys haven't heard this question too many times. All Im looking for is a simple sound card. It needs to have one set of RCA inputs. I need to connect my "rec. out" from my DJ mixer (Standard RCA Left+Right) to the sound card so I can record onto my computer. I already have monitors and everthing else hooked up to my mixer. All I need is to be able to record onto the computer. I dont need multi tracks or anything. Just a set of standard RCA Left+Right inputs that will be compatible with the signal from my mixer.

Thanks in advance.
Coyne81@aol.com

hmmm not that many cards at a low level have RCA inputs.... but there is one card that comes to mind that mas loads and isnt too costly. Terratec Card

Actually just checked it. Its not that cheap... however you can buy a low end card (such as an EchoMia which are excelent for the price) and simply buy a jack to 1/4" cable.... not that much audio equipment is RCA these days.

You won't find one with RCA inputs (not likely, I know the SBlive top of the line one does I think....)

But, that doesn't matter. Get a soundcard with a reasonable noise floor. On the lower end of the scale, Soundblaster 16 PCI - $25. A bit better, Maudio Audiophile - $100? Not sure of the price on that one, think it's around there. Prices go up in leaps and bounds for stereo input sound cards, lynx one, the digital audio labs stuff etc.

You need a cable. 1/8" stereo male that splits to 2 RCA's. 1/8" stereo male to the line input of your soundcard, 2 RCA's from the output of your mixer. Maybe your current soundcard will do?

Re: Simple Sound Card

ya....I have an onboard sound card right now (or whatever you call it, built into the motherboard), so Im not going to use that, but that helps. I guess now Im looking for an inexpensive sound card that has (2) 1/4" inputs, and I'll just use adaptors on my RCA cables. Most that I have found, have 8 inputs and outputs and a bunch of stuff I really dont need. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help,
Coyne81@aol.com

You won't find a soundcard with 1/4" inputs. Unless you need a bunch of input/outputs, which you don't need by your description.

All you need is a cable as described above.

Actually, the M-Audio Delta Audiophile that Emeric was referring to has RCA inputs...it goes for around $150 and is an excellent choice for what you are trying to do.......

So it does! I thought those were some digital contraption. Might be the card your looking for.

But the cable will still do the job. :)

It has 2 RCA inputs for analog and 2 gold plated RCA inputs for S/PDIF and Midi in.......same converters as the Delta 44/666.....nice card.....

Back