Simple Question about this forum

What is rep power???? :confused:
What does this do for the users here ????

Thanks for the answers in advance,RR.

The owner of the site has been experimenting with different rep systems. The nuts and bolts of it are that if you like someone's comments, click on the little scales in the upper right hand corner of their post. You can add positive rep. Up until recently, you could do the same thing to add negative rep, if someone was being a dick. Over time, their "rep power" reflects their general positive or negative contributions to the forum.

Apparently it invalidates user's ability to use the search function.

What DLE is trying to say is that this question has been asked a thousand times, and you could have gotten your answer without wasting his or my time, by simply using the search button. Please do that next time. Under the old regime, you would have gotten negative rep for this (not from me, mind you, cuz I'm a sweatheart).

Forum rules:
1. Always search for you answer before starting a new thread.
2. Don't cross-post (i.e. ask the same thing multiple times, in multiple threads).
3. That's all you need to know for now.

I did try the search button and the results never loaded on my end..I assume the server was to busy.

I do remember seeing this somewhere;
Newbies (1 Viewing)
Just starting? Afraid to ask a stupid question? Don't worry, in here nobody will laugh at you. But if it's on a topic covered in another forum, best to post it there.

Damn Man are you the first perfect human????! If your time is that valuable and if it is that much trouble, simply don't read or reply to my post :confused:

Last edited:
I did try the search button and the results never loaded on my end..I assume the server was to busy.

I do remember seeing this somewhere;
Newbies (1 Viewing)
Just starting? Afraid to ask a stupid question? Don't worry, in here nobody will laugh at you. But if it's on a topic covered in another forum, best to post it there.

Damn Man are you the first perfect human????! If your time is that valuable and if it is that much trouble, simply don't read or reply to my post :confused:
I thought of one more rule - don't get too worked up about random strangers on the internet. For every person that offends you here, there is bound to be at 0.7 people here who will legitimately help you out.

Cheers!

I thought of one more rule - don't get too worked up about random strangers on the internet. For every person that offends you here, there is bound to be at 0.7 people here who will legitimately help you out.

Cheers!

I understand All this.. :rolleyes:
But I'm not the one thats worked up here. I'm not mad at all... I,m not the one leaving people screwed up rude comments either..
I think I left a descent reply for Leafy considering the circumstances. :eek:

And you Translated
What DLE is trying to say is that this question has been asked a thousand times, and you could have gotten your answer without wasting his or my time,...

But Actually he said:

Which sounded to me like : HEY DUMB ASS!!! HELLO USE THE FUCKIN SEARCH BUTTON YOU MORON :D

But he's O.K. Gets An Explanation For His Actions And A freakin Translation..
But I need to cool Down and get drilled about some rules and wasting your time... WTF:confused:

Last edited:
Randy,
Welcome to HRBBS 8). In fairness, I didnt laugh at you. I guess when you see this question asked like every week or more, you assume the answer is easily found. Sorry if I ragged.

Apology Accepted .. To be honest I did laugh but still got a lil' ticked

I don't know about that question being posted every week I don't hang around forums on a regular basis...But I wanted to try to contribute and learn more about the forum here..I like this place..

I recently started playing with Nuendo. Finally! I just took a step up from Using Adobe Audition ..So I would like some help every now and then. And meet some cool people to discuss Issues about different softwares.

Maybe I should do a search on how to post a permanent sticky ..:rolleyes:
Can someone do that ????? I think that would be the most Logical solution for a problem like that.. Rather than leaving unpleasant comments..

You guys know your selves that connections reset and servers get busy sometimes ... Even if you are using R.R. high speed Turbo at 8 megs...
So the questions will continue to roll in on a regular basis...

I'm Outta here:p

I don't know about that question being posted every week I don't hang around forums on a regular basis...But I wanted to try to contribute and learn more about the forum here..I like this place..

I recently started playing with Nuendo. Finally! I just took a step up from Using Adobe Audition ..So I would like some help every now and then. And meet some cool people to discuss Issues about different softwares.

Can someone do that ????? I think that would be the most Logical solution for a problem like that.. Rather than leaving unpleasant comments..

You guys know your selves that connections reset and servers get busy sometimes ... Even if you are using R.R. high speed Turbo at 8 megs...

The same things do get posted alot around here.....from questions to smart remarks....that's what makes this site so good. It's a blast, and you just have to take it all in stride. :D You can't take too much too personally, or you won't have any fun. Everyone here gets ripped on at some point...kinda like South Park. Just have fun with it, and you'll have fun....:D

Hrm thats interesting. Ive been using Cool edit/audition for a long time. Recently tried cubase since it came with my firepod but didnt like it. I was thinking about giving Nuendo a go. How do you like it compared to audition?

I love Adobe Audition ,How can anyone into computer recording live without it...Great plug ins and factory presets. they are automatically set to tempo right on the fly.I like the ease of use ...I will continue to use Adobe especially now that i can do better than ever with the program.

But Nuendo is basically the same as cubase... It has video editing features as well as audio...
I think the Nuendo application is great for what i want to do with it..I just want to use it for a vst host and edit midi... But i will be using Adobe for most of my audio editing for sure..

I think Adobe has better plug ins provided than what Steinberg provides ..And Adobe is a lot more user friendly ... But I think Nuendo is a keeper I just need to upgrade The expensive booger..:D...TTYL,RR

Back