simple minds - 'don't you forget about me' cover

warrengtype

I can't imagine starting a SIMPLE MINDS cover thread... I mean, does anyone know any of their songs outside of this one? Cause I sure don't.

Don't you (forget about me)

Anyway, check it on out, won't you? As is almost always the case, I heavy metalized it. I tend to do that to everything. It's a sickness. No really, it is. I mean uh, as far as sickness' go, it's a pretty tame one. Still, it totally is. A sickness. Yup.

NICE!! very cool version! good vocals... it's even heavier than when Life Of Agony did it.. the mix sounds like it's squashed within an inch of it's life.. I really like the vocals! if the mix was a hair less flattened it would probably help a lot.. the guitars might be a hair out of intonation.. other than that this is excellent and right up my alley! :D

Cool version man....I've actually played around with this, but never done much. Kind of a cool song, originally, but you fixed er up real good. I like the sounds....nice and heavy. The vocals are somewhat reminiscent of the original, while taking on the modern vibe. Cool guitars also.
Nice tune man...
Ed

Holy shit... I had my volume up pretty high when I pressed play.... Made me jump halfway to the ceiling. That's LOUD. Awesome song though, cool that you took the time to metallize it. It could use a little less compression though Also it's very bassy on my speakers, but they're cheap hifi speakers so don't start editing just yet :)

Good work! I enjoyed this...

had to listen to this again.. it's way better than the Life of Agony version.. I pretty much think the same way as I did this morning.. great version that's being destroyed by compression..

Haha, sorry about the loudness factor. Listening now I agree, I went a little overboard with the Izotope Ozone thingy. The vocals are also pushed hard enough as to distort a little. I didn't notice it yesterday. Damn that latest SOAD album and its ultimate loudness! It's throwing off my judgement when I compare my crap to it!

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'm gonna try to unsquash it some later. Then I'm gonna track down this Life Of Agony version that I've never heard.

Back