Simple Backing Trax??

nick666

Hi!

I play acoustic Guit, and sing along. I'm looking to create some backing trax to beef things up a little so I can start gigging. Problem is: The software out there is very complex to get to grips with, and this is taking away from my guitar practise time.

I need: Variety of drum options, a bass, and a few channels for samples/piano etc. Basic reverb & chorus with a bit of pitch manipulation would be nice too.

I've tried ACID, Fruityloops, Reason, Cubasis, eJay, storm, and a host of variations on these, and they're JUST TOO TIME CONSUMING to use!!

Evolution Soundstudio II is about the best I've seen, and am using it at the moment.

ANY HELP?

Hi Nick,

Well personally, theres so many programs out there its hard to just advise one, i know ive used LOADS of different programs before i stuck to it and learnt how to use it.

I use Cubase, and personally for the sound of what you want to do, i would recommend this.

If your wanting to put some basic backing track down, i think Cubase will be a good choice, and you can pick up Cubase VST5.1 very cheap now. Or if your wanting to get a slightly better version, Cubase SE retails at around £70. (SE is a watered down version of SX which is around £550 RRP)

You will get a lot of people recommending lots of different programs though as they feel the one they use is the best. If you dont have a lot of time to learn a program inside out, i think Cubase would be perfect for you. If you do decide Cubase is the one you want and purchase it, let me know and ill give you my email address and help you out if your ever in need.

Good luck! :rolleyes:

Thanx!

Thanx for the reply. For the time being, I'm going to stick to the SoundStudio. Getting to grips with it nicely, and am almost done with my first track.

I was also recommended Tracksion, but missed the freebie giveaway of that (ended 31 Dec). Will keep plugging away at this :-)

Cheers!

Think "low tech"

A) get easy to use midi software ( I use freeware www.jazzware.com ** runs on Pentium I / someone might want to dump one for free, for live performance )

B) soundblaster that can use 8 meg soundfonts (GS midi) PCI-128 less than $25

create the bars of backing music in midi

TIP --- use COPY and PASTE to build song

This is a quick way of creating songs

Back