Silvertone Acoustic Guitar

OnlyGrace

Hello everyone, I was recently at the Music Center and I was looking for a good sounding acoustic electric guitar. I've been playing for about 3 years. I need a Contemporary Christian/Gospel music type guitar(not sure if that helps):)I currently own a cheap Lauren guitar. I played a nice Silvertone that I liked. I can't afford anything like a Martin or Gibson.( I Wish!):) Something like an Alvarez or Silvertone would be good.

Just did a Google on Silvertone guitars, and no new Silvertones appear to be for sale at the retailers that pop up- are you talking old, vintage 'Tones, or new ones? Contemporary ones (solid-body electrics) I see are nothing great, about on par with most everything in their price range.

Vintage Silvers (which is a better abbreviation- "Silvers" or "'Tones?" And does it even matter anymore, now that I have typed more characters than I will ever save...) are good guitars- cheap for their day, but so many of the cheap shortcuts known today were undiscovered back in the day. But I don't know if they would qualify as the budget solution you seem to be looking for.

Not personally familar with Lauren, but I would suggest that if your budget is around $300-500 (new) or $150-250 (used,) you look at Seagulls.

Back