Silverstein/Bullet For My Valentine/Avenged Sevenfold type Hardcore/Punk demo

Sounds pretty good for the genre. I like the kick, but it seems to be fighting with the bass a little in some spots. They both have a lot of low end energy going on. I'd probably cut some of the bass low end and leave the kick fat and see how it sounds. There's a lot of finger-plucking noise too from the bass in some spots. It gets sloppy sounding during the get-down part around 2:13. I'm personally not a fan of this modern emo-metal whiny voice stuff, but yall did a good job in keeping it interesting. As usual with mixes of this type, the guitars are a little too loud and the snare not loud enough. I bet whoever mixed this is a guitar player. :D

Yes I am the guitar player lol. Ok so guitar down a few db's and snare up a few. Yeah I know about the sloppy part. Drums were done in two takes and I don't want to take the time to time correct it. Where should I cut the bass? 80-100ish? I put a good boost on the kick around 50hz.

Yes I am the guitar player lol. Ok so guitar down a few db's and snare up a few. Yeah I know about the sloppy part. Drums were done in two takes and I don't want to take the time to time correct it. Where should I cut the bass? 80-100ish? I put a good boost on the kick around 50hz.

I can tell. Reel that 50hz kick boost in and cut some bass maybe around 150. That should get you on the way to cleaning up the bottom end some. It's not bad as is, but it could be tighter.

Thanks! The guitar was just an sm57 thrown in front of a dual rectifier with a low pass and 2db at 2khz double tracked left gibson sg and right a mid-level ibanez.

Voice sounds a bit buried and pretty distorted at times, wonder if that was intentional....
Song's pretty good but the mix on the whole needs more work., especially the drums. That kick with the monster low end is drowning everything out especially with the double kicks. Snare's pretty loud at times and sounds kinda distorted. Mix is still a bit too muddy, keep working on it!

Joe

The kick needs click. The vox needs to come up and add some verb to it. If you double it in some parts would be even better.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I'm going to add those suggestions and then call it good for this demo I think. Thanks again!

YEA!

Love the song!

Tightly tracked, gotta love it!

Little stumble in the drums at 2:20 and one after that that you might want to look at.

Drums sound a little forward in the mix. Thats all!

Good job,

-jD

Back