Silent Nightmusic

DavidK

Recording of Silent Night. I'm hoping to get some more real string players to get rid of the "overdubbed" sound.

The intro right through to 1.21 is simply jaw dropping - isolating that part of the melody really allowed an entirely different interpretation and it sounds sad, forlorn, reaching or yearning.
After that section the build toward bombast is great, the pauses create more points of difference but it sounds a little too safe or resolved to me.
The electro instruments are well placed & do their work very well. The bass is very cool.
That "overdubbed" sound is pretty good mate. You do it so well.
I enjoyed the electrified solo particularly when it got grumpy/rock'n'rolly - reminded me of Sigfried Carver's playing on the 1st Pavlov's Dog album.

Wow! This sounds really nice. I can't comment on the mix or arrangement or anything, because it's really well done and sounds good.

I don't like the drum beat in the part that starts at about 1:24 to about 1:44, and then happens again later. I understand what's happening; the bass drum is following the bass guitar. But I find it too syncopated for this kind of arrangement. That's the only thing that stood out to me, and it's obviously just personal taste. I wouldn't have played it that way, but who am I? :D

Other than that, this is really really good.

Hey Dave! Excellent arrangement and playing. And nice bluesy licks on the end of this - I forgot it was a fiddle!

Yeah, I got nothing. It's out of my league and I wouldn't know what to suggest for improvements. Loved the intro.

All I can say is thanks for sharing.

Back