Sigh... Can`t open my Ovation to change its diaper:(

I am not with my guitar right now but I have/had no problem replacing the battery in op-pro (not op-pro studio). I remember after pressing the button you have to do the removal, I mean the button only unlocks the locks, to remove the preamp you have to pull (but be gentle I never need to apply some real force)

Sigh

Thanks mate. I tried again, but that part doesn`t look very sturdy. I really don`t wanna force it and break the plastic. I`ll just take it to the repair shop.

Ok. Safe choice I hope. Now I am trying with mine and as I said earlier when I press the button good enough, the preamp pops out, then I pull it out slowly. It is not smooth but as I said I do not apply too much force.

Related but completely unhelpful:

I have an Ovation that I only use for recording--with mics, not the line out. So I took the battery out. Problem is, the battery contact springs rattled a bit. So I stuffed a tampon in there. Works great, and unlike batteries or usually tampons for that matter--I never have to change it! :D

Related but completely unhelpful:

I have an Ovation that I only use for recording--with mics, not the line out. So I took the battery out. Problem is, the battery contact springs rattled a bit. So I stuffed a tampon in there. Works great, and unlike batteries or usually tampons for that matter--I never have to change it! :D

What was that movie where some guy was stuffing tampons up his nose for nosebleeds? :confused: :laughings:

Hey guys. Do you happen to have an Ovation? I found this link and it seems very simple to change the batteries. But... it doesn`t work for me. I push the button, I release it... and nothing happens!
http://www.ovationguitars.com/img/pdf/opprostudio.pdf
Any suggestions?
A.D.Ryan

I would try to pry it up gently with either a small screwdriver or knife blade (on the release button side) as you are pushing in the button to release it. It probably just needs a little help.

Thank you guys!

Thank you for your advice! After spending an hour treying to deal with it, I went to the shop. As I suspected, the guy who put the battery in before selling it to me, made a terrible mistake. But the guy from the repair shop managed to solve the problem. I was really worried. I`m really glad the problem has been solved. Thanks again.

Sigh

Yes! They made a mistake when they put the battery in! They didn`t close it properly, so I couldn`t open it! But now it`s all good:) Thank you!

Back