sidechain gate in cubase ??

luxeomni

Ok i want to achieve that : "heres a kick trick, run a 50 hz. oscillator tone thru a gate, with the kick going into the sidechain (key input ) of the gate and dial it up so the kick triggers the gate to open and pass the oscillator signal "
i ve got my kick track, and my 50 hz sine track, but i cant figure out how to do a sidechain in cubase anyhelp?

thx

Good question. I just got SX2 for X-mas, and I'm stumped. In Logic it's a breeze to setup sidechains, but SX doesn't seem to do this. I have VST and DirectX Compressors that feature Sidechains, but I can't even activate them in their graphic interfaces under SX2, and in the connections window they don't appear there (Only Ins and Outs).
I plan to go to SX3 does it fix this (I'm doubting it because from what I read this is a common lifelong problem for Cubase, which was winning me over from Logic, but chalk one up for the Emagic SOB's who left me hanging). I don't normally use this function but still!!! Anyone got a work-around???

Well I just got the upgrade list for SX3 from Steinberg site, and Sidechains are not on that list, and a quick review of the Steinberg forums shows a lot of buzz about the subject. Maybe I'll wait until SX4 before upgrading!!! Really though, I'm definitely sold on Cubase now (and it only took me how many years of denial???).

Back