shure PG57

jcayer2

Hi all,

I'm on the market for buying a microphone. I'm just a basement guitarist who want to record rythm tracks from my amp and play over those tracks. I only need a microphone to put in front of my amp at low volume.

Is the PG57 correct for the job ?

Thanks and best regards,

Jean

i would try to look for a used shure SM57 on ebay.....they usually run pretty cheap and are pretty much the industry standard for micing guitar amps.

-Chris

I have a PG-57 that somehow came into my possession (read that someone left it here) and it actually sounds really good. I have that one PG57 and 3 SM-57's and I don't think you could tell the difference between a heavy guitar, snare or tom track using the PG vs. the SM...

well, its a matter of opinion, i've used Shure SM57's professionally and in the studio, and now, my ONLY choice is the Shure PG57. in my opinion the Shure PG57 has a better sound for mic'ing a guitar amp, not too bad for vocals either if need be.

i never have really liked the SM57, but the PG57 in my opinion, it is cheaper to buy, but totally different sound. i called Shure to find out the difference, its NOT cheaper made version, its totally different.

everyone that hears my guitar now asked me what i'm mic'ing with, and they are amazed to find its a PG57 instead of an SM.

but each to his own. i'm not knocking the SM57, just saying the PG57 is THE BEST mic EVER for what "I'M" looking for.

you could have bought mine.

im a "basement guitarist" and you dont want that pg57. its crap.

you can get the same results from a 10$ nady mic.

Back