Shure mic repair

RobbieNuke

Can anyone tell me who to contact concerning vintage Shure mic repairs? I have a PE 566 Unisphere I that needs the impedance/On/Off switch repaired. This is a mic with the isolation shock mount swivel... used on many different models of Shure mics.

I just finished talking with someone from Shure and they do not support this mic anymore.

Last edited:
You might want to take your email address down. It'll probably get spammed a lot.

What's up with the switch. Is there a broken contact or is it noisy or what?

Looks there are two screws that let you pull the switch away. It might be user fixable depending what's wrong.

Can anyone tell me who to contact concerning vintage Shure mic repairs? I have a PE 566 Unisphere I that needs the impedance/On/Off switch repaired. This is a mic with the isolation shock mount swivel... used on many different models of Shure mics.

I just finished talking with someone from Shure and they do not support this mic anymore.

Well it's a pretty old mic. But fixing an on/off switch is about 30 minutes work, have it fixed at your local guitar shop.

PE566 repair

I had Dave Nachodsky of Invisible Sound Studios located in the Baltimore Metro area repair the mic. Part of the switch itself was broken, and the pieces were not in the mic (bought used on ebay for $27), so we decided to just solder a small jumper leaving it in the Lo-Z position, which is what I'd be using anyway. The repair is removable should I ever some across the correct replacement part (very improbable), but in the meantime the mic is functional and surprisingly sounds very good.

However, everyone is still encouraged to forward me contact info of where I may be able to get repair parts for this model. Same switch assembly used in Shure 566, 546, 547, 549, SM56.

Back