Shure E2c earphones...

riffy

I just ordered some of these in-ear phones & should be recieving them Monday. I bought them mainly for PDA when working out at the gym and hopefully for when riding my motorcycle (hope they stay put from the wind, no helmet at high speeds ) Anyway, I always like to double-duty stuff so I know these where originally designed for the musician but I was wondering how they'd serve for something like practical study use? Like in a pinch used for vocal tracking, extra set of phones, etc? Or with the foam & stuff is it too much balony to get them set up? Noisedude, how are they working for you?

I have had them for about 2 months now. Im using the smallest soft rubber earpiece that comes with them. They did take some getting used to. They hurt my ears the first couple of times I wore them but they have become much better. As far as sound isolation they are great. The sound is pretty good. The bass is a bit lacking but still better than almost every earbud out there. Make sure you really push them into your ears when you put them on, otherwise there will be no bass at all. I use them when playing drums/tracking, and when mowing the lawn and walking around campus and they're great.

I've had them since last august, and I've been using the clear tips, medium size. Best phones I've heard for listening to music. I've also using them for recording until I get some decent monitors, and like stated, they're lacking in bass so if you mix on them, you switch to other speakers and there's too much bass. I also want to use them for stage monitors, but I haven't got a chance to try that use out yet. I've had two pair, the first I bought last august, and the wire started to pull out of the bud in like december, so I called them up, sent them back and they sent me a brand new pair.

Ive had those for a few months now. The isolation with them is amazing. I use them for tracking and monitoring my drums while i play them. With them I finally have no trouble hearing the click over the sound of my drums. I found the foam buds to be very comfortable and still isolate very well. I wish I had found them years ago because they really helped make recording easier for me. And they should be perfect for wearing while riding or anything else too.

Thanks for the input folks. I find myself getting pretty excited to get these little earphones.

The E2's are a good balance between cost and quality. They sound OK, fairly smooth. If you want to really make the best of them though, I would suggest looking into some custom molds for your ears. This will help give better isolation, and increase the perceived frequency response.

Two of the biggest shortcomings of the E2's are Bass and volume. People have already noted above that they are lacking in the bass department. The truth is, the E2's do not respond as well to bass as most of the other in ear monitors on the market today. Even the next step up to E3's is a huge difference. The E2's also will not handle volume very well. As you change their volume it seems to really change their response. I have also worked with many bands who could not use the E2's due to the distortion they would get as they got the volume they needed.

Back