Shure BG 3.1

Tchara

I purchased a Shure bg 3.1 about a year ago, and seems to be an ok mic, for the price. However, as I stated on recent posts, I am trying to set up a home recording studio, to cut some demos for my ministry.

would it be worth the money to purchase the sm58, or compatable mic?

Would there be a difference in my finished recording?

I HAVE A SM57 SM58 AND A FRIEND HAS THE BG3.1 NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE IN THE SOUND QUALITY BETWEEN THEM, BUT I WOULD RATE THE BG 3.1 THIRD ONLY SLIGHTLY. I DON'T THINK IT WOULD PAY TO GET A 58 SINCE YOU HAVE THE 3.1. ASSUMEING YOUR ON A BUDGET AND MAYBE WANT TO PICK UP ONE MORE MIC. WHY NOT CHECK OUT A CONDENSOR MIC LIKE SHURES 4.1 OR A AKG C1000.GO TO EBAY, THE SHURES ONLY SLIGHTLY MORE THAN A 58.I OWN ONE, I LIKE IT

Could you elaborate on the demos? Will they be choir or sermons? My advice would vary depending on your goals.

If choir, I'd say to svae up and get a pair of small diaphragm condensors, for spoken word, a large diaphragm condenser would be the first choice.

A lot also depends on budget, what you plan to do with the recordings, and what other gear you already have (mixer, recorder, etc.)

More info would help us suggest choices with some intelligence. I hesitate to get specific without knowing your goals, and the other answers to the questions I've asked. I'd hate to see you put down $250 on a condenser only to send it into a $50 sound card.

Back