Shuffle w/ MIDI?

jeffteel

I've been using CWPA 9.0 for a few months...got it with my Aark DirectPro 24/96. I'm new to this MIDI stuff though.
I thought I would try to do some bass lines using MIDI, by just plugging the notes in one by one. The thing is, the tune I was trying to do it in has a shuffle feel.
How can I plug these notes in and get a shuffle feel. Do I have to manually place the notes where I want them, or can I just put in eighth notes and shuffle them somehow?

Thanks!

There are all kinds of things you can do. One is the Session Drummer MIDI plug-in. It's a little strange to use but there are many styles of drum patterns and fills in there and they are pretty good.

There is also the groove quantize feature. Again. a bit hard to learn how to use, but it might be just the thing to spice up a stodgy track.

Check the manual or help system. The Cakewalk website might have some tutorial things or tips and tricks that are relevant...

Hi

Thanks for making me try this, I came up with a cool rythem!

this might not get the exact feel your looking for, but, in piano roll view, right click on the button with a grid on it, select and play around with 8th and 16th triplets to try to get at least close to the feel you want. you might have to adjust the notes a little foward or back. when you have the pattern you like, cut and past copies so you don't have to adjust every note (although if you have the time, slightly off time notes help to get a human sound) then you can move the notes up or down without losing the timing.

hope this helps
TX

Back