Shouls I build in my loft or garden?

mandrum

I have been reading up on accoustics, modes, sound treatment e.t.c. however, I have a problem at the moment with indicision. Firstly, I have a space, which is my loft, and is of a triangle shape as it is the roof area. the basic dimentions are height (to centre apex, from floor), 2.5m, width(from left to right bottom corners of apex) *.8 meters and depth of room, or length if you like, 6.5 meters. I would post pics if I knew how, I don't understand how to use url, to show pics in my documents, so any help there would be appriciated. I could either have my studio in this space, which would be for tracking everything except drums and for a control room, I believe a single room is the way to go particularly in this space. However I could build a dedicated garage type building out my back yard if this loft space would not be suitable at all. Money is the next issue as I doubt I would want to spend anymore than £10,000 on building or treating an existing room. Can someone help. as I have tried finding information on triangular shped rooms and cannot find any, would a new flat roof need to be built e.t.c.???
Many thanks to you good people out there who have a little time to spare on helping a perhaps metally challenged lover of music.
I should add the width will be reduced, to build walls to support roof which will give the room a triangle on top of box, a lttle house shape.

And.

If you can build from scratch...then I would build, as that will allow you to build exactly what you want rather than converting an existing space.

Also...is that number correct...you have *.8 meters for the width????
Did you mean 8.8 meters?
Either way, at only 2.5 meters height...that doesn't really give you too much room to move left/right without hitting your head on the cealing. Your "useable space" is only going to be the space you can move in...

Back