should i?

Try (demo at the store, borrow one or rent one) before you buy. If you like it, go for it.

Nope.

Doesn't have tubes.

Didn't you know (?) . . . Tubes are AWESOME, dude ! ! ! !

Whhoooooooeeee ! ! Rawk on.

tubesrawsom said:
did tht i want to know wut people think of it

Too brittle and bright-sounding, and too expensive for what you get; there are better, more versatile mics available for the same (or less) money... but that's only this person's opinion. If it sounds good to you, go for it.

I just received my groove tube GT-55. $179 I don't have alot to compare it to but, I've used it on distorted guitar and it's nice. I have done 1 vocal track, so far so good. It was on a nasaly male voice, seemed to fatten him up a bit. Nice mic for the price

Have to disagree with kid klash here. Everything he said applies to C3000B, but *not* C2000B. It is not brittle, not overpriced ($180 with H100 shock mount), has pads and bass rolloffs, unlike most cheap alternatives, is a good vocal mic, good on guitar, good on toms, and a perfectly good overhead. It is one of the best low priced FET condensers on the market. If you want to make Chessrock happy, duct tape a tube to it.-Richie

Back