Should I upgrade HS2002 - HS2004

Boseafus

Two years ago I got into the home recording scene and have been an on an off again user. So far my Dela 66 and Omni Studio have been great, using Cakewalk Homestudio 2002. It's been about 8 months since I have done any recording but I would like to jump back in the game. For $50 I can upgrade to HS 2004 and want to know if it's worth it from those who own it. I will most likely do it as it's so inexpensive but I really couldn't see the differences between the two. (there was no comparison on the website between 02 and 04).

Also, I don't have a vst wrapper: Should I go with the Cakewalk vst wrapper?

Thanks in advance

Bose

The biggest update is the ability to record multiple tracks at once...there are some better plug ins and a few other minor enhancements but all in all, the multi tracking is the big feature.

I did the same upgrade quite awhile back...later I wanted the deeper editing abilities of SONAR...If you're thinking you'll ever go to SONAR, save your money and do it all in one big jump.

Bottom line, HS2004 is a good value and perfect if you're happy with HS2002 but need more tracking capability. I used with no complaints.

Good luck.

Boseafus said:
Two years ago I got into the home recording scene and have been an on an off again user. So far my Dela 66 and Omni Studio have been great, using Cakewalk Homestudio 2002. It's been about 8 months since I have done any recording but I would like to jump back in the game. For $50 I can upgrade to HS 2004 and want to know if it's worth it from those who own it. I will most likely do it as it's so inexpensive but I really couldn't see the differences between the two. (there was no comparison on the website between 02 and 04).

Also, I don't have a vst wrapper: Should I go with the Cakewalk vst wrapper?

Thanks in advance

Bose

Your 66 is going to waste with 2002 since you cant record from all 4 inputs at once.

HS2004 can also now use ASIO drivers.

Back