should i keep my 2496?

shiatzu

I've got a delta 1010lt on the way and i was wondering if there would be any advantage in keeping my 2496 hooked up to my pc as well. should i keep the 2496 for monitoring? or can i use its inputs as well to have 12 inputs total? any suggestions would be helpful. thanks.

shiatzu said:
I've got a delta 1010lt on the way and i was wondering if there would be any advantage in keeping my 2496 hooked up to my pc as well. should i keep the 2496 for monitoring? or can i use its inputs as well to have 12 inputs total? any suggestions would be helpful. thanks.

You could certainly use the 2496 for monitoring, though I'm sure the 1010 has monitor outs as well. Using both for recording (simultaneously) would be a struggle due to different latency between the cards. It's worth a try, though, if you need that many inputs at once.

i really don't need the extra inputs, i was mainly wondering if there'd be a performance benefit in having a separate card for monitoring.

personally i dont know. I have a delta 1010 on the way and i plan on keeping the 24/96 i have. i was thinking about leaving it for monitoring but i'd leave it just for listening to mp3s and everything else so i dont have to leave the 1010 on all the time.....as for the 1010lt...i dont see where you wouldnt want to keep it. even for the simple fact that the 1010lt has a bunch of wires comming out of it and you know exactly which ones you need to plug into for outputs on the 24/96

well, i bought the 1010lt for $200(cad) and i can probably sell the 2496 for $100(cad) .. since i'm poor i figured i could buy another mic or something with the extra money.. but if it would improve performance to have a different card for playback i'd take the $100 hit.

thanks for the replies everyone.

if i'm not mistaken the 24/96 has better converters than the 1010lt. i'm not sure that would matter much but hey, if someones willing to buy it...sell it

Back