Should I get Protoj - ALesis monitor one, or event 20's?

I tried all of the above, I bought the monitor ones.

the proto-j s didnt sound good at all

the 20/20s sounded ok but the alesis monitors won out side by side.

I have the monitor ones, and they are good speakers, esspecially for the price you can't beat em. I think the 20 20's sound better though.

lets see

monitor ones 500.00 a pair

20/20s 300.00 a pair

these are the prices in the musicians friend catalog for these monitors.

the proto-js were at mars for170.00

Popular opinion kills the Monitor ones, but thats just what it is... opinion... the 20/20's get way better reviews that I've seen...

See - it's all opinion!

Actually I found nothing wrong with the Proto-Js - I use 'em as a second reference - I auditioned them next to the Yorkville YSM-1s and they are both very similar - very usable. I never liked Alesis monitors, and find the Events are very good.

Bruce

darrin_h2000 said:
lets see

monitor ones 500.00 a pair

20/20s 300.00 a pair

these are the prices in the musicians friend catalog for these monitors.

the proto-js were at mars for170.00

I paid 250$ for my monitor ones @ Mars music store. I thought the 20/20's were 500$ but I can't remember for sure.

I paid 140.00 for my monitor ones on blwout. But those prices were posted that way in the musicians friend catalog.

when I tried the monitor ones side by side with the 20/20s the monitor ones sounded alot better to me. the tannoys sounded like crap to me using the same disc. But they were at mars.

Actually the monitor ones Impressed me by sounding like the mackie 824s.

I was kind of commenting though on how the monitor ones sounded as flat and had the closest freqency range to the mackies. they both were the only sets of monitors in the place that i could hear kickdrums on. and heard cymbles ring out on. all the other sets sounded impaired when it came to listening to a drum solo.

thats what I judged that on. ( I would have got the mackies but the price was too high.)

Back