Should i buy these

one guy

i have an opportunity to buy an sm58 and a behringer xm8500 for 40 bucks is this worth the money i know the 58 is a pretty good mic but know nothing about the 8500 i mostly record acoustic guitar and vocals and a cajon. right now all i have for mics is an apex 235 and a sm57

First, what StevieB said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Secondly, the XM8500 is actually a pretty good mic. I bought one 'cause I was doing a mix and match mic and preamp comparison, and I needed a mic thet *really* sucks, and I really didn't own any, except my 1941 Shure 55, and that's not really a fair comparison. So- I figured, "What's more likely to suck than a $20 Behringer stage dynamic?" Seems like a no brainer, right? I said, "What the hell, for $20, I'll buy one." I'm here to tell you, it *did not* suck! In fact, it turned out to be a rather good basic dynamic, a tick on the bright side. Who would've thunk? For $40, I'd say go for it.-Richie

If the SM58 is a real one, and works, you could turn around and sell it for $50-ish. Everything else is a bonus. i.e. ^^^ what they said...

Back