should i add a sub?

I think if you're mixing stuff with a lot of low end a sub is always a good idea. The 8xl goes down to 35hz which is pretty good, but I think it's always best to have a sub dedicated for the low end.

another thing is i enjoy listening to music on my monitors... so its also my main stereo.. things just sound better in my opinion... but would a sub get lower than 35hz?

another thing is i enjoy listening to music on my monitors... so its also my main stereo.. things just sound better in my opinion... but would a sub get lower than 35hz?

no, MAYBE down to 30hz, but usually around there is where they cut off at. I'm not sure if that sub would handle it though, but a dedicated woofer could always help.

You'd have to st it up so that it didn't unnaturally enhance your bottom end so that you'd end up mixing light on bass because of it.
It's such a difficult balancing act that I'd opt not to.

I agree with Ray on this.

I would also look to treat your room to eliminate the bass harmonics that may be enhancing or nulling certain frequencies.

I would also look to treat your room to eliminate the bass harmonics that may be enhancing or nulling certain frequencies.

Right - bass traps and acoustic treatment are far more important than a subwoofer, assuming decent main speakers.

--Ethan

Back